20 April 2008

Health Kick

Over the past month I have gone on a bit of a health kick, and have taken up walking each day... My original route was across the Caroline Springs Blvd, then down to the lake, do two laps of the lake, then walk home again... this came in at around 6 -7 kms per walk, and was just pleasant not to leave me feeling too sore or exhausted.

Last week I decided to take the plunge and add running to the mix... I damn near nearly had a heart attack! I have continued to include the run in my regime, so I walk to the lake, run one lap of the lake (which is only 1.2 km) then walk home (no more second lap of the lake - just yet). In total my walk/run is now only 4.5km instead of 6.xkm. Even though its shorter now though, I find with the run included my heart rate seems to be going up substantially, and I feel more physically exhausted after... that's got to be a good thing right?


To continue my health kick, they are building a gym opposite my work, so I have already put in my expression of interest for membership there when it opens... so if I get into that I might actually start putting some meat on my bones!


In work news, the new Brimbank Libraries website is really starting to reach a mature stage... we will be asking for community and staff feedback on it very soon so we can start tweaking and putting the final touches on it. All feedback and announcements will be done through our project blog at http://development.brimbanklibraries.com/



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.