26 April 2008

Destination Library

In my spare time I am currently working on a project, doing some web graphic/css design stuff for a Victorian Library working group, trying to encourage more people to consider joining the library industry.

One of the initiatives which this working group is launching is a wiki with information on the types of jobs available within the information management industry, profiles of people working in the field, and links to information on education providers to help you join the industry, since you will become so overwhelmingly impressed with libraries from reading all this stuff!

The wiki is being called "Destination Library", and the main theme the working group seems to be going for, which I am trying to carry through with in my designs is a 'new age, not old lady's in "cardigans, peals and sensible shoes" - Though the later I'm not too sure of, as if you go to any library conference or training, I estimate over 90% of attendees are wearing flat black shoes.

The image/title at the top of this post if one of my initial ideas, with a theme based around it taking shape. Once I have more developed I will post some samples and get your feedback on what works, and what sucks.

In the meantime... If you are now so interested in joining the information management industry you can access the Destination Library wiki, as it stands in its naked, undressed state at http://destinationlibrary.pbwiki.com

No comments: