23 September 2007

Swimming Upstream

Hey, On Friday night I watched Swimming upstream with Jesse Spencer (from TV Series House), Judy Davis and Geoffrey Rush. It is based on a true story about swimming champion Tony Fingleton (played by Spencer) and his upbringing by a controlling, over competitive alcoholic father (Rush).

It was a bit along the lines of Billy Elliot, except it was set in Queensland, and included cute boys in speedos rather than to-to's!

On Saturday we laid a concrete footing for our eventual garden beds, so that was a fair bit of physical labour! Today was a rest day, we went and fed the ducks earlier (and sea gulls!).

This year we are having the family Christmas at Sean's and my place. We have already started getting things together and bought some wine for it yesterday - though it is starting to get bad as when we go to Dan Murphy's we have to get a shopping trolley!

This week marks 1 year working for Brimbank Libraries - which has spookily flown by really fast. So no doubt soon my boss will set a time for my annual review, then I can look back on things that I was planning on doing in the last 12 months but never got around to doing!

Matt Lucas from Little Britain is on Kath 'n' Kim tonight (which I don't watch cause I don't really find it that funny), so being a Little Britain fan I will have to watch that.

Anyway, that's it for me!

No comments: