23 October 2006

All Locked Up

Well, what a busy week it was last week. Had lots of training for work during the week including a full day off-site "managing effective teams" session with some other council staff. I had a site visit to the new Sydenham Library on Thursday. The building works are progressing there very fast. The interior is pretty much complete and now most of the remaining work is on the exterior.

Speaking of building works. The house is now officially in lockup, so unfortunately when we went there on the weekend we could not get in to take newer photos (I tried though the glass, but there is too much reflection). The staircase is now in, as well as the decking on the entry/porch. All the plaster has been delivered and is piled up around the place inside, but as of the weekend they had not yet started putting the plaster up. The hole is now in the brickwork for where the embedded letterbox will go.

I am also going to upgrade my computer hopefully this weekend. I have a day off on Friday, so amongst other things I am going to go and buy the components I need to do the upgrade. That means I will be busy in the evenings this week backing up all the stuff on my current PC that I wish to keep (as I will reuse many parts from the current PC such as hard drives, CD/DVD ROMs, graphics card, ect.

Also a busy week socially this week. I am going out for dinner with some old workmates on Wednesday and out for dinner and movies with a group of friends on Friday night down at Werribee.

That's about it!

No comments: