23 August 2006

Job Change - Take 2

Well, for the second time this year I am about to change jobs. I am moving to the Sydenham Library which is still under construction as a Customer IT Officer.

The main reason behind this move was that a it was around the same amount of money, and is closer to home (about 20-30 mins compared with the 1 hour I do now, or around 5-10 mins once I move to my new place) which means that I will save on both petrol and City Link. It also means that I will get to spend more time at home, and has the added advantage of a 9 day fortnight.

Even though I will be based in a library, it is not a library job. The main resonsibilities include IT help desk support for the public, and running training programs which is the element I am looking forward to the most.

I start the new Job on Monday September 25, and finish my current job on Friday 22nd (no break between - can't afford one at the moment). I'm a little sad to be leaving my current job after such a short time period. I was just starting to settle in and get really comfortable with everything I was doing, and all my workmates.

No comments: